Skip to main content

List update

Added Bianca Raven's blog (http://ravens-writing.blogspot.com/) and Athlyn Green's blog (http://www.writeandearnaliving.com/) to the list under the "Sites Where Publishers Will Post Jobs Requests" section. Both are freelance writers with years of experience and they do post writing leads on their blogs. Athlyn Green's writing leads are quite frequent, and you can view them via a JobThread widget she displays on her blog. While Bianca Raven's writing leads are less frequent, she does focus on high paying gigs which she'll cover in detail in a blog entry.

I'm planning to split the "Sites Where Publishers Will Post Job Requests" section, since it appears to have grown quite long, and quite a number of sites are not exactly sites "where publishers will post job requests". Probably into a blog/forum section for those sites where you can find writing leads and a true "Sites Where Publishers Will Post Job Requests" section for bidding sites and other sites that do fall into this category.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Minor update

Just realised that I missed Absolute Write back when I split the "Forums and Blogs" from the rest of the "Sites Where Publishers Will Post Job Requests" section (which was months ago). Have shifted it to the "Forums and Blogs" section.

FAQ

Why is the date for this post set way in the future? When I started this post back in 2008, I wanted this post to be at the top of my blog. Since the more recent blog posts appear higher at the top, I hit on the idea of setting this blog post way in the future. (In hindsight, this was a rather inelegant solution.) What is Iakul's List ? I stumbled into online freelance writing back in 2008. Started complying a list of sites where I could get paid to write, and hence Iakul's List was created. Is Iakul's List still being updated? I used to investigate a site quite thoroughly before I was willing to put it on my list. It took a lot of time and effort, which at this point simply isn't worth my while to expend. However, I'm still unwilling to compromise on the checks I put a site through. I do still plan to update and add new sites to Iakul's List, but expect my updates to be more sporadic. Quite a number of the site descriptions are also outdated, and...

Bukisa

Just published an article about Bukisa at Triond. Bukisa is a new writing site which came out in late 2008. Currently the site itself has less than stellar English and apparently doesn't care about the quality of published content itself, so long as said content has a word count of at least 250 words and is in English. This has resulted in stuff like "(body of article)get paid to write get paid to write get paid to write...." and poems that keep repeating themselves. I'm guessing that the word count stipulation is for them to ensure that they get higher PPC (pay per click) ads based on keyword targeting, and not to ensure the quality of an article. That's just a guess though, and I'm not about to go around spreading this theory of mine. They already have enough going against them without me adding to it, lol. I also found the site itself too liberal with the use of words like "exciting", "revolutionary", "innovative" for my taste....